- 1. Intro - Creating Superseded Applications in SCCM 2012 R2
- 2. Part1 - Creating the Application
- 3. Part2 - Creating the application supersedence
- 4. Part3 - Distributing Content
- 5. Part4 - Deploying the Content
Part2 - Creating the application supersedence
In the System Centre 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, right click the newly create application and click on Properties
Click on Deployment Types > Edit.
I’m going to edit the name of the Deployment Type Name. This will help me easily identify the application in a later step. Click OK.
Click on Supersedence > Add
Click on Browse
Click on the older version. This is the version that you will be replacing.
Under New Deployment Type select the deployment type with the name you edited, two steps back. Also ensure you place a tick in the uninstall check box. This will ensure the previous version gets uninstalled first.
Click on OK.